Woo Hoo.. it is Friday…hope you are able to play a bit this weekend. Today begins another great challenge at A Creative Romance. The “Chic Crafters” have decided that “Metal” is our theme for the next two weeks, so we hope to see your creations there!
I really want to begin by saying how grateful I am to the ladies I have met in blog land who willingly share ideas and take the time to teach me what they know whether through emails back and forth or via facebook… I also want to thank my sister who, during her visit today, decided we should try something “new”.
It all began yesterday when I saw a card on Pinterest that I just loved, both for its simplicity and its elegance. Thanks to watermarks, I traced it to the Joy of Scrapping blog, left a comment and within minutes, got an email from the artist (Joyce) explaining how she attached this lovely ribbon to her bride silhouette. Here is her beautiful card:
Cut to today. My sister came over to visit and I showed her the picture of this card. I told her how I wanted to try to do a similar card, but I did not have the silhouette image. I looked through my stash of stamps and recalled that I had a Stampendous Bride and Groom wood mounted stamp that might work. Here is a pic of the stamp I used…
It wasn’t a “side view”silhouette image, but with my sister’s prompting, and with NO plan of what I would use, (which is sooo not me) we decided to give it a try. Out came boxes of lace and tulle, flowers and glue.. it looked like my craft room blew up! So, here is my first attempt at using lace to embellish a stamped image.
I stamped the image on Make it Colour
cardstock. I colored the groom with copic markers and distressed the bodice of the bride with distress ink. I cut around the outside of the image. Then I used half inch lace from The Ribbon Girls
and twisted and ruffled as I glued in place. I cut the lace in strips and did one layer at a time rather than work with one long piece. I began at the bottom and worked my way up. On the final piece, I threaded the lace through the Diamante Buckle Slider
, also from The Ribbon Girls
, and tucked under the edges of the lace and glued in place. I embellished the lace with small pearls. Another idea would be to add a teeny tiny bow with my shabby seam binding, if I can learn to tie one!
As the lace added dimension to the image, I stamped ONLY the top of the dress a second time, distressed it with Walnut Stain and Tea Dye and added Glamour Dust, then I attached with pop dots to the bottom image!
All three design papers are from one 6×6 page of Pion’s “For Father”- a fab blend of brownish gray (from Live and Love Crafts) that can only be perfectly matched and matted by a one-of-a-kind cardstock color “Smokey Shadow” by Papertrey Ink. I love the clock faces that are in the design paper as it went so well with the Just Rite stamped sentiment.Since I cut away the hangers from the stamped image, and because this is a “metal” challenge, I added Tim Holtz metal hangers that were “frantaged” behind the image and a metal corner. The final touches were crystals, pearl and tiny light and dark pink roses from Wild Orchid Crafts.
Thank you for hanging in there and reading all the way to the end of this long post! I look forward to trying this again, but next time with all my materials in place first- LOL! Why not hop over the A Creative Romance challenge blog
and see what the rest of the design team has created, and then put your pedal to the metal (had to say it) and join us! Have a great weekend, and, as always, thank you for leaving a kind comment.
I will be entering the following challenges: